There are about two or three comic books I remember vividly from the recesses of my childhood. This is one:
I remember the two or three individual issues vividly, because those are the issues where I first became aware of comics.
I know I remember the day I got this comic, we were out visiting a distant relative in Hastings. Some cousin or other I don’t think I’ve seen since. I had to be around 7 at the time and I also remember it was a sunny, pleasant day when I also had my very first chocolate egg cream. I can recall being very apprehensive when my father suggested to me I have one (eggs! in a drink! ewwwwwwww!).
The day was a real two-fer, I still like egg creams and still have a fondness for comics.
While we’re talking about these things, check out the Spiderfan site which is where the cover image resides - lots of cool Spider Man stuff. Oh, and that happens to be a great cover too!
No comments:
Post a Comment